Recognising the female role models that will inspire the next generation
Our Women in Channel campaign has been striving to magnify the efforts of channel leaders and companies taking the initiative to make our industry more representative of society at large. We're so incredibly proud of this event and the support it's received from the IT channel.
We hope everyone that attended had an fantastic evening surrounded by so many inspirational industry professionals.
A huge congratulations to everyone that was nominated, shortlisted, highly commended and a winner! We received over 500 nominations this year, up steeply from our inaugural campaign. Our judges were blown away by the quality of the entries and selecting the winners was no easy task.
We'll be back in 2020! More information coming in April...
About the 2019 Awards:
When we launched the CRN Women in Channel, we were unsure to what extent our industry would welcome the campaign.
Last year's mandatory reporting of gender pay gap figures was a high-profile, and sobering, reminder that the tech industry is not reflective of the society in which we live.
Yet the response from channel figures across the spectrum was resoundingly positive.
From graduate newcomers to some of our top leaders and entrepreneurs, entries to the CRN Women in Channel Awards reflected a strong desire to shine a light on best practice, wherever itis happening in the UK channel.
The awards will recognise the achievements of the entrepreneurs, leaders and exceptional employees who can act as role models for young females considering a career in this fast-paced, dynamic industry.
If you know a woman like that - or you are one yourself - take a look at our categories and get entering.
- We'd like you to tell us, in 150 words or less, why you are nominating or entering into your chosen category.
- All categories are free to enter.
- You may nominate multiple colleagues into each category
- Winners will be invited, along with their colleagues, to attend the awards ceremony at The Brewery on 17 October.
- The nomination deadline was 5pm, Friday 17th May
- Please note, nominees will be contacted once the entry deadline has passed and asked to complete a more detailed questionnaire on their role and what they think should be done to encourage more women into the IT channel.
It's no secret that the technology industry suffers a diversity problem. Walk into any mainstream tech event and you could probably count the number of women on your hand.
The same goes for boardrooms, with many companies still struggling to promote women into senior roles.
We feel that shouting about the accomplishments of women in the channel - not because they are women, but because their accomplishments are worth shouting about - can play an important role in tackling the issue.
Here's what happened at the 2018 awards
October 17, 2019 05:00 PM