Incisive Media and CRN are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
CRN European Channel Leadership Forum
- At the event all signage will be made from materials that are easily recyclable or reusable.
- All Tea/Coffee served is sustainable.
- The venue use a locally sourced food supplier for as much food as possible.
- Approximately 75% of the produce at the event will be locally sourced
- The venue has a renewably sourced energy supply.
- The venue recommends a local eco-friendly taxi service that only uses low and zero emission vehicles.
- The venue is BREEAM rated ‘Very Good'.
- All food deliveries are bulk ordered to reduce carbon emissions and waste is compacted and composted responsibly.
- Dinner wine is locally sourced.
- Lighting throughout the venue is LED and bedroom lighting is off when not used with a reuseable plastic keycard.