Steinar Sonsteby Interview
30 second interview with Steinar Sønsteby, CEO, ATEA
Steinar Sønsteby has been Chief Executive Officer of the Atea Group since January 2014. Atea is the market leader within IT infrastructure in the Nordic and Baltic countries with 7,200 employees and revenue of more than $4 billion.
1. What was your first ever job?
My first "summer" job was at age 13 swiping the floors of the factory my dad was running! My first "full time job" was as a sergeant in the Norwegian Kings Gard.
2. Why did you get into the channel world?
In 1989 I started in a 4 employ company I later IPO'ed. We had the agency for Sun and Cisco. I loved it - being close to the customer and would never change for a different place in the value chain.
3. What does your current role entail?
I am the group CEO - my job is 24/7 - the full responsibility 😊
4. What have been the most significant challenges for the channel in recent years?
There has been many - increased speed of change, E-Commerce, New players, Cloud, margin pressure and lack of competences in the marked.
5. What can our delegates expect from your presentation/panel?
My presentation will focus on the competence part of the development of the channel - as a channel we need to take this challenge on NOW.