Andy Gass Interview
30 second interview with Andy Gass, Senior Vice President UK and Ireland & Digital Europe, Tech Data.
1. What was your first ever job?
Wine waiter in the George Hotel, Edinburgh
2. Why did you get into the channel world?
After qualifying as an accountant I had moved into factoring in the early 1990s. Many of my customers were fast growing IT companies and the biggest and fastest growing was Frontline Distribution (now Tech Data). After supporting their growth for 3 years I joined the company in 1993.
3. What does your current role entail?
Setting the direction for Tech Data in UK & Ireland and additionally driving Digital Transformation for Tech Data.
4. What have been the most significant challenges for the channel in recent years?
Guiding customers to business outcomes; undertaking which technologies to embrace and what type to ignore. Adding real value to customers.
5. What can our delegates expect from your presentation/panel?
A distribution point of view on the claims for and responses to evolving to tomorrow's market needs.