Incisive Media and CRN are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
Catering, venue and production:
• Wherever possible, we advocate and strongly encourage that all our products are sourced from sustainable, certified, ethical trade or fair-trade sources in line with the BRC Global Standard.
• We only fish from sustainable stocks, promoting fish recommended by the Marine Conservation Society (MSC) and are signatories to support Sustain's Sustainable Fish City (SFC).
• Our fruit and veg is Leaf Marque, our meat including Halal Meat, is Red Tractor assured produce, our chicken is 100% Free Range and Freedom Food certified, our eggs are free range and Lion Mark.
• The food is prepared and finished in the main at the venues with very little being transported to the venue using our own fleet of vans. We are in the process of replacing our fleet vehicles to minimise the environmental and health impacts they cause.
• All the Tea & Coffee served is ethically sourced and they actively promote Ethical trading through our supply chain Fairtrade products and ingredients.
• There is no single use plastic used at the venue, including plastic straws and all catering range.
• The majority of the wine is sourced through a London Independent Wine Merchant and all the wines are ethically sourced. Many of the Vineyards are at the forefront of innovation an applied technology to improve wine quality reducing water use, shrinking their carbon footprint and advancing sustainability.
• Smart Hospitality are ambassadors of WRAP's Guardians of Grub Campaign.
• The waste food is collected from our kitchens on a daily basis and deposited in our own processing unit.
• Any residual fluid is also turned into a liquid fertiliser
• Within the venue the waste is segregated into 5 main streams, cardboard and paper, Dry Recycling, Food Waste, Glass and General Waste.
• Smart Hospitality's energy supplier for Central Production Kitchen is ENGIE. ENGIE is a leading provider in three key areas: energy, services and regeneration.
• All lights are LED, the venue only install the most energy efficient lighting as part of the building.
• The venue also operate a ‘Switch it off' policy in all the venues. All non-necessary equipment is switched off after use and we install sensors to automatically turn off lighting when it's not required.
• All uniforms and linens are 100% cotton and created from renewable sources
• Smart Hospitality have implemented a number of ‘Green' initiatives in line with the company CSR strategy.
• They have installed water dispensers in all the office space and issued reusable water bottle to all staff
• They Operate a cycle to work scheme for all employees