TRANSITIONING YOUR BUSINESS MODEL INTO MANAGED SERVICES FOR LONG TERM PROFIT AND GROWTH
8.30 REGISTRATION OPENS
Sara Yirrell, Editor, CRN
9:10 STATE OF THE UNION: CONTRASTING THE DEVELOPMENT TRENDS OF US AND UK MANAGED SERVICES MARKETS
Exclusive research from CRN and Channelnomics
Sara Yirrell, Editor, CRN; Larry Walsh, President, Channelnomics
9:30 KEYNOTE MOVING INTO MANAGED SERVICES: IT'S ALL ABOUT GROWTH, STUPID!
As margins on hardware and software sales shrink and more and more SMBs are increasingly looking to outsource their basic infrastructure to managed service providers that can perform tasks more efficiently, it is time for resellers to reconsider their business model to take advantage of this trend.
- Learn how the new business model will allow you to ensure long term, consistent revenue streams and a loyal customer base.
- Can the delivery of managed services increase hardware and software sales?
- Should you build and brand your own managed services offerings or resell those offered by vendors and distributors?
10:00 PITCH PERFECT: HOW TO SELL MANAGED SERVICES TO NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS
As the channel is becoming increasingly customer driven it is crucial to understand your market, its needs and what you can offer to satisfy those needs profitably.
- Who should you target with your managed services?
- Communicating the benefits to your customers: Do they really understand you?
- How to differentiate your proposition from competitors'? Learn what boxes you will need to tick to close the sale.
- What services are most commonly adopted by first time buyers and how can they help you get your foot in the door with business owners.
10.30 MEET THE EXHIBITORS
10:45 COFFEE AND NETWORKING
11:15 MANAGED SERVICES OPPORTUNITIES BEHIND BYOD
With employees looking to leverage their own devices at work and employers hoping to reduce their capital expenses, BYOD is quickly shifting from an industry trend to a business imperative. However the undeniable benefits of BYOD are often undermined by issues of security, monitoring and data control. How can resellers capitalise on these issues by offering solutions and support to enterprises?
- Why now is a good time to make a move into the BYOD market and what are the managed services opportunities behind BYOD?
- Putting together a BYOD offering: How to identify what to cover and what to leave to the customer?
- Factors influencing your BYOD strategy: what criteria do you have to meet to ensure you can provide and manage a BYOD service successfully?
11:45 PANEL YOUR MANAGED SERVICES SALES FORCE: DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TALENT?
One of the key issues companies face when moving from traditional resale into managed services is changing the focus of the sales force from transaction-oriented to being based on monthly recurring revenue streams. What strategies are companies implementing to overcome this issue and which approach is the most effective?
- How do you retrain your sales force to be trusted advisors for their customers? How do you sell a business solution rather than a technology?
- Should you retrain your current sales force or hire a new team?
- What can resellers learn from consultancies? What are the changes you need to make in your organisational culture, structure and marketing to succeed?
12.30 A VENDOR'S ROLE IN THE TRANSITION TO MANAGED SERVICES: CONTRASTING THE BENEFITS OF PARTNERING WITH ESTABLISHED VENDORS VS NEW ENTRANTS
The difficulty of moving to a different way of delivering and charging for products and services has been holding back many resellers from changing the way they do business. A successful transition would be very difficult without support from a vendor partner, so picking the one that is right for you is crucial for success in a managed services market.
- Is your current partner keeping you up to speed with emerging trends and are they able to provide sufficient training and support in the transition to managed services?
- Can you expect vendors to create better packaged, pre-integrated solutions that are architected to be more easily delivered by a partner?
- What criteria should you consider when choosing the right partner and the right solution? Why is vendor reliability key when making the choice?
- Questions you need to consider when moving to managed services: Service level agreements, service delivery plans (remote vs on site) and account management (resources dedicated to single account vs multi accounts).
13:10 LUNCH AND NETWORKING
14.00 1-2-1 NETWORKING MEETINGS